Teeny's Cottage - Skye activities
The Isle of
Skye is full of great places to visit, things to do and places to eat; here are
some of our personal favourites
click on the name to go to their website. Many establishments are closed through the winter, so please check their opening times
- The Skye
Serpentarium - A wonderful collection of snakes, lizards
and amphibians. You can hold one or just look. Teeny's Cottage is proud to sponsor The Skye Serpentarium.
- The Skye Museum of Island Life - See how people lived on Skye before the days of computers, mobiles, electricity, and all things modern.
- Excellent home made candles, cards and gifts.
- Phil Gorton Studio - Great photographs and cards of the more unusual aspects of
Skye's incredible landscapes.
- Skye Skyns - See how sheep skins are turned into rugs, gloves,
bags etc. Next to Brae Fasach Studio. Visit both and have some refreshment at Ian's Studio.
- Edinbane Pottery - Some of the best hand thrown pottery you're
likely to find anywhere; see it made when you visit.
- Brae Fasach Studio - Beautiful paintings and innovative pottery.
Next to Skye Skyns. Ian also has a small café.
- The Isle of Skye Soap Company - Superb soaps and oils handmade with only natural
- Shilasdair - Excellent handmade knitwear, some even made
from the owners own sheep; hand dyed yarns available too.
Island Cycles, Rod & Reel - Bikes and
fishing equipment for hire by the day or week.
Activity Centre - Skye's centre for Kayaking, Wind
Surfing, Archery, Hill Walking and Climbing
Skye's walking website guide. Maps of walks, places to visit and anything
for walking; an excellent website.
Edinbane Inn - Good food and
ale, plus live music - Check their website for music events.
- The Lodge -
A Little further along from the Edinbane Inn. Very cosy, serving good bar and restaurant
food, and excellent local real ale.
- The Glenview Restaurant - Superb food in a relaxed atmosphere. One of Skye's gems!.
Roof Café Gallery
- Superb! Award Winning. We Love it. All food home made
or locally sourced if possible. Great for lunch in the Glendale area.
- The Small & Cosy Teahouse - This
is a gem! One of our favourites on Skye. Superb homemade soup, bread, cakes all handmade by owner Petra. You must try her excellent selection of teas, beautifully presented to enjoy slowly. Relax and take your time. We love the superb Oolong tea to finish our visit. At Digg, just past Staffin heading north.
- Ellishadder Art Café - Another great food stop on the north east of Skye. Excellent homemade Vegetarian cuisine using only home grown or locally sourced produce. Plus a great place to buy the wonderful Ness Soaps, and Maggie's and Stuarts' hand woven cushions, rugs, and art.
- The Stein Inn - Skye's oldest
pub right by the water's edge. Good bar and restaurant food, plus a variety
of real ales
- The Old School Restaurant - Excellent food, beautifully presented, not to be
Harbour View Restaurant - Superb seafood in a very cosy atmosphere.
- Loch Bay Seafood Restaurant -
Lovely seafood, intimate
atmosphere, great location, friendly and very cosy.
- The Three Chimneys -
Another of the world's top restaurants right here on Skye. superb food in a
casual, relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
- The proud owners of a Michelin star makes for food at its finest, and
set in a superb location.
- Aros - Buy gifts, learn about eagles (see the eagle's nest webcam). Aros is also Skye's cinema and theatre.
- The Misty Isle - An excellent boat trip to Loch Coruisk in the back of the Cuillin mountains.