The Isle of
Skye is full of great places to visit, things to do and places to eat. Here are
some of our personal favourites
click on the name to go to their website. Many establishments are closed through the winter, so please check their opening times.
- Loch Lomond Seaplanes - Enjoy a flight around the Isle of Skye in the comfort of a seaplane. Flights start and end from the Ashaig airstrip on the south end of Skye, and also make a landing and take-off in Portree Harbour.
- The Skye
Serpentarium - A wonderful collection of snakes, lizards
and amphibians. You can hold one or just look. Teeny's Cottage is proud to sponsor The Skye Serpentarium.
- The Skye Museum of Island Life - See how people lived on Skye before the days of computers, mobiles, electricity, and all things modern.
- Excellent home made candles, cards and gifts.
- Phil Gorton Studio - Great photographs and cards of the more unusual aspects of
Skye's incredible landscapes.
- Skye Skyns - See how sheep skins are turned into rugs, gloves,
bags etc. Next to Brae Fasach Studio. Visit both and have some refreshment at Ian's Studio.
- Edinbane Pottery - Some of the best hand thrown pottery you're
likely to find anywhere; see it made when you visit.
- Brae Fasach Studio - Beautiful paintings and innovative pottery.
Next to Skye Skyns. Ian also has a small café.
- The Isle of Skye Soap Company - Superb soaps and oils handmade with only natural
- Shilasdair - Excellent handmade knitwear, some even made
from the owners own sheep; hand dyed yarns available too.
Island Cycles, Rod & Reel - Bikes and
fishing equipment for hire by the day or week.
- The Misty Isle - An excellent boat trip from Elgol to Loch Coruisk in the back of the Cuillin mountains.
- Go To St Kilda - A great day trip to an island steeped in history. Must be booked in advance.
- Skye Activities - Boat trips, Mountain Biking, Walking, Water Skiing, Archery, Sea Kayaking.
Activity Centre - Kayaking, Wind Surfing, Archery, Hill Walking and Climbing.
Skye's walking website guide. Maps of walks, places to visit and anything
for walking; an excellent website.
- The Talisker Distillery - A must visit for Whiskey lovers. Gets busy, so book your tour in advance.
- The Old Inn At Carbost - Excellent food using locally sourced produce. Has a great loch-side eating area. Very close to the Talisker Distillery.
Edinbane Inn - Excellent food, local real ale, plus live music - Check their website for music events.
- The Lodge -
Further along the road from the Edinbane Inn. Serving good bar food, and local real ale.
- The Glenview Restaurant - Superb food in a relaxed atmosphere. One of Skye's gems!.
- Cafe Sia - A Superb Cafe in Broadford. Wonderful handmade wood-fired Pizza, Salads, Brunch, etc. In-House Roasted Coffee, plus teas, milkshakes, wine, beers and cocktails. Open until 9pm. Check out the excellent online menus.
- The Granary, Portree Square - A wide selection of delicious meals to choose from: Breakfasts, snacks, lunches, cakes, ice cream.
- Red Roof Café Gallery - Award Winning. All food home made or locally sourced if possible. Great for lunch in the Glendale area. You can also buy Elly's Art and Sculpture. Wonderful live music evenings throughout the summer.
- Ellishadder Art Café - Another great food stop on the north east of Skye. Excellent homemade Vegetarian and Vegan cuisine, using only home grown or locally sourced produce. Delicious homemade Ice Cream. A great place to buy the wonderful Ness Soaps used in Teeny's Cottage, plus Maggie and Stuart's hand woven cushions, rugs, and art. Commissions welcome.
- Single Track Café - An excellent lunch or afternoon tea stop. Serving Tea, coffee, cakes, three different and superb hot chocolates, and the most wonderful gourmet sandwiches.
- Canowindra Teahouse - A relaxing stop close to Portree for soup, tea, and cakes
- The Stein Inn - Skye's oldest pub right by the water's edge. Good bar and restaurant food, plus a variety of real ales
- The Old School Restaurant - Excellent food, beautifully presented, not to be missed.
- Harbour View Restaurant - Good seafood in a cosy atmosphere.
- Loch Bay Seafood Restaurant - Lovely seafood, intimate atmosphere, great location, friendly and very cosy.
- The Three Chimneys - One of the world's top restaurants right here on Skye. Superb food in a casual, relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Our personal favourite for a special occasion.
- Kinloch Lodge - The proud owners of a Michelin star makes for food at its fine set in a superb location.
- Aros - Have lunch or an evening meal, buy gifts, learn about eagles (see the eagle's nest webcam). Aros is also Skye's cinema and theatre.